Sunday, June 27, 2010

Sunday Lessons in Otavolo

Worship this morning was awesome. I had to concentrate much more on the words and what they mean because I am not able to sing words I have to translate while thinking about something else. Wilman preached out of I Corinthians 1.

Three problems that exist that prevent us from pursuing the cross:
  1. Problem of division within the church
  2. Lack of decision to follow Christ (Can we identify the church as different than the world?)
  3. Not recognizing that without Christ we are nothing


The point that probably really hit home was when Wilman reminded me that the reason we do not hear or learn from God is because we are always talking. (Ouch!) Again I am reminded of one of God´s goals for me is to rest. I am always busy doing and talking, but I do not do much waiting and listening. That was the highlights of what I got out of the Spanish sermon (my own translation). Sheila´s birthday was Sunday, so they sang to her and gave her flowers. (Another story how they did that for another day.)

Other interesting things I learned that day that make you say hmmmm...: We did not get to see the condors fly because "there is not enough wind." I got batteries for the camera that did not work. I looked on the package and says "not for use in digital cameras or other high draining sources." Overall a fantastic day or rest and celebration.

No comments: