Saturday, June 24, 2006

Postscript from Quito

Dear Brothers and Sisters,

Kim and I have arrived here in Quito safely with the rest of the team. After dinner, we will have our last evening devotional time. These have been occasions of great sharing of faith, as we tell each other the story of Christ`s entry into our life, and what He has done and continues to do in our lives. We have enjoyed singing and worshipping. I look forward to this last night with the rest of the team. My roommate, Paul, and I have gotten to know each other. He is a big guy, and he has a big heart, and has been willing to do anything and everything to help the team and to serve the people here. He teaches RA's back at his home church in Catlettsburg, KY. He says he has been deeply blessed by seeing God at work while on this trip. He is yet one more reason why I am glad that I came. His genuine faith has been used by the Father to lift up my soul.

I also can see that God has planted many seeds in the hearts of people here who have never heard the gospel before. They have actually seen Jesus in the hands, and faces and feet of the team members, as He loves and heals through us. We have been blessed as He has entered into our hearts, and spent time with us, dining with us and changing us into fit vessels for His life. We are glad.

Thanks for being a part of this. Please know that you are. I look forward to once again singing and worshipping and praying and working with you.

Blessed by His smile,
Tim and Kim

No comments: