Thursday, June 13, 2013

Day 2 in Ecuador

In everything I showed you that by working hard in this manner you must help the weak and remember the words of the Lord Jesus, that He Himself said, ‘It is more blessed to give than to receive. ’” When he had said these things, he knelt down and prayed with them all. And they began to weep aloud and embraced Paul.... 
Acts 20:35-37

This morning, our travel-weary team slept a little longer than usual in order to obtain much needed rest, and then was blessed with a wonderful breakfast and a spectacular sky. We spent the morning at the church organizing our supplies, and traveled to Punyaro where we ministered to people who were ill. We saw people with no shoes, abscessed teeth, and broken teeth. We saw children with asthma, trachoma, and a serious murmur. A man once deaf was made to hear, and a girl who could barely see was given clear eyesight. One woman unable to speak for two years, as well as a ten year old boy grieving his mother's death were given hope through the power of Christ working in us.

One elderly lady with arthritis was grieving the death of her husband. We prayed with her, and she subsequently expressed her thanks with a long embrace. I was reminded of my mother who recently went home to be with her Lord, and how I was already missing her hugs. I then was reminded of pastor Mike's dream that I would be reminded of my mother many times during this trip. I later read a quote attributed to Thomas Moore, that "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal." I have come to believe that, and deeply desire for others to know as well.

Ready for another night of blessed rest,
Tim

No comments: