Sunday, June 17, 2007

Dr. Kim has returned to Ecuador Safely

Letter from Kim (the veteran):

Hello to everyone!

We arrived safely in Ecuador early Fri am. We spent the night in Quito and went directly to Lita on Fri (later that morning). Lots of prayers were answered again on Thurs/Fri re. getting trunks and supplies through customs in Ecuador. We again did not even have the trunks opened after we claimed them.

God continues to watch over us here. The first task for Him was when I dropped my passport in the airport. Someone pointed out that I had dropped it, and I picked it up. I may want to stay longer in Ecuador but not at the embassy getting a new passport. Thank God He watches over the little things.

The missionaries are for the most part well. Long clinic days Sat and Sun in Lita and seeing 100 or 125 per day. (There are 2 physicians this year and 1 dentist). They are very glad to have the dentist. I met the infamous Gloria with scleroderma who had to have a finger amputation 2 years ago when the team saw her with an ulcer on her hand. (Ask Tim Scott, he can tell you more.) I gave another pair of shoes away to a woman who had none. She is probably the only native Ecuador person with a pair of crocks!

As usual, I am receiveing more blessing than what I am giving.

Sorry, this is short, but have to go.
Love, Kim

No comments: